Sunday, October 5, 2014

Tarte Pin Up Girl Amazonian Clay 12-Hour Blush Palette review + swatch

My favourite part about Christmas coming is that Sephora and other stores start to release their Holiday sets! I really regretted not getting the Tarte Off the Cuff Blush palette last year so as soon as I saw this, I snatched it up right away!

An exclusive blush set with five brand-new, Amazonian clay-infused blushes and two wearable hair pins—all encased inside of a Parisian-inspired clutch. 

The packaging isn't the greatest and could definitely be made more sleek, but it's the inside that matters ;) This is my first time trying their famous Amazonian clay blushes and they definitely life up to the hype. They are super pigmented and the clay really does help it last on my face longer than most blushes do. It doesn't really last 12 hours, but I'd say it lasts about 8, which is still pretty awesome. The formulation is good too since it is easy to pick up product on your brush but it also isn't too powdery.

From left to right: Breathless (pinky beige), Embraced (plummy rose), Whimsy (light pink), Bashful (rosy peach), Irreplaceable (mauve rose)

With flash

The colours of this palette are amazing and I can see them working with several different skin tones. Breathless too pale and barely shows up on my skin so that is the only one I have issues with. Irresplaeable seems like the most pigmented blush and I've been guilty by accidentally applying too much haha but the rest are easier to use. All in all, I think this is a wonderful palette, and would make an awesome Christmas gift for anyone :) It's also a great way to get someone started in makeup since they'll have all the colours they need right there.

Left to right: Breathless, Embraced, Whims, Bashfull, Irresplacable

With flash

31 comments:

  1. Pretty colors :)

    http://dreamland1234.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. perfect colors!! amazing post!! im following! kisses!

    www.fashionizein.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice colours sweetie, loving your blog!
    Would you like to follow each other? Please just let me know on my blog so I can follow you back!
    Kisses!

    www.thrill-hunter.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful post...I like your blog.^^
    Maybe follow each other on bloglovin?
    Let me know follow you then back.
    Lovely greets Nessa

    ReplyDelete
  5. I remember seriously wanting this palette in store, but now that you've swatched it, it seems that only 2/5 colors would look good on me. What a bummer!

    Another Beautiful Thing

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought I only liked 2 of them too but they looked better after I swatched it!

      Delete
  6. This blush palette is on my wishlist :) p.s
    I'm following you now.
    keep in touch!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great review! I love Tarte! Would you like to follow each other on GFC?! Let me know and follow me on my blog, I will follow you right back on both GFC and Bloglovin!
    xx
    Annie
    www.the-lostangeles.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. awww i wanted to get something like that but i always think that tart makes ridiculous bulky packaging for palettes. Love your blog btw xx

    Heyatsakura.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is bulky! not the best for travelling but I still like it :)

      Delete
  9. Hi dear
    NIce!! Wonderful colors!!
    I'm following :)
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely post :)
    I'm following you now on gfc, hope you'll follow back :) keep in touch xx, Veni

    Style with Veni | Fashion Blog

    ReplyDelete
  11. Dang, those are some pigmented eye shadows! Whimsy and Breathless are my favorite :)

    cathy // helllo, cathy

    ReplyDelete
  12. Amazing blog post dear!!....


    I love your blog and the design

    keep up to good work

    come say hi over at http://myroutinesjade.blogspot.co.uk/

    Jade

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. The colours are stunning....<3 Such great review, you have a beautiful blog! :)
    Followed you <3
    June
    The Journeys of My Beating Heart

    ReplyDelete
  14. The colors are stunning! Thanks for the swatches! ;)
    Do add me via GFC and G+ and Bloglovin! Will love to add you back :)
    www.naomiganzu.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great post! I really, really want to try the amazonian blushes and this is a cool palette to get to try them with. I like your blog a lot, I'm following you now on bloglovin, gfc, and g+. Checkout my blog and if you like it follow me too, let's keep in touch! :D

    http://perlasancheza.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  16. What stunning colours! Thank you for sharing. :)

    Acacia xx
    blog / acacia rachel

    ReplyDelete
  17. I saw this one too! I'm now seriously consider this one!
    Thanks for sharing!
    http://lukab0073.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love all the colors !! I bet it really fits you !!

    great post !!
    Followed ya on GFC !! , Hoping for your follow back :* <3

    xo
    Molly
    http://www.corinnemolly.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. Ah, this palette really is perfection! I love the formula of these and the shade selection here is great! Thanks for the swatches :)

    -Jen

    www.vibrantbeautyblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  20. cute post !!

    Maybe we can follow each other on GFC , facebook and Bloglovin, if you want? Let me know :)

    Kisses,
    Maria
    http://retrostreetstation.blogspot.de/

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Google+
 
Google+