Sunday, June 22, 2014

Loose Button Luxe Box Summer 2014 Review

I purchased a 2 season subscription to Loose Button's Luxe Box for $25+tax/box (shipping included) and here's my review of the Summer 2014 box. This box comes every 3 months and comes with "7 to 8 trial sized beauty and lifestyle discoveries". There are 3 membership options so that you can pay $24 - 26 for each box, depending on your membership. This is my second box and came in the usual white silky bag in a sturdy white box.



- Crest 3D White Whitestrips Professional Effects (3 strips - $6.38)
- Crest 3D White Vivid Toothpaste (6 x 2.5 mL - $0.40)
- eslor introductory collection: Soothing Refiner and Cleanser, Replinishing Scrub, Comforting Mask, Soothing Cream (4 x 5mL - 2.33, 2.80, 3.80, 6.50)
- Nexxus Youth Renewal Rejuvenating Elixir (4 mL - $2.28)
- Tweezers ($5?)
- eyeko London Skinny Liquid Eyeliner in Black (full size - $19)
- DERMAdoctor KP duty lotion (10 mL - $10)
- Nicole by OPI mini in Something About Spring (3.75 mL - $3?)
- be a bombshell the One Stick in Southern Belle (full size - $16)

Retail Value: $77.49
Paid: $28.25


This box seemed like a way better value than the one from Spring 2014!  I use some of the Crest 3D products already but these strips and toothpaste are new so it'll be nice to compare with their older products. I received 3 of these Crest 3D sample brochures.


DERMAdoctor's KP duty lotion is a 'dermatologist AHA moisturizing therapy for dry skin'. My body's skin isn't that problematic so I'm hoping that this lotion won't be too heavy for the summer time.


Nexxus Youth Renewal is a line to help 'combat 8 signs of aging hair'. Was aging hair always a thing? I guess it'll be nice to try this and see if my hair looks less...old.

The nail polish for this box was a Nicole by OPI mini (I never knew they had mini bottles until this sample). I have plenty of hot pink polishes already but this tiny size was disappointing. They should've included a full size bottle!



I already received a be a bombshell one stick in my December Ipsy Glam bag and I gave it away since I'm not into cream products. Southern Belle is 'a warm coral with light shimmer' and I am into corals so maybe I will keep this one stick. It'll be great for touchups at work

esclor is a brand that I have never heard of so it seems pretty intriguing to me. I really like that I have 4 different samples and can try their full skincare system.

Lastly, my favourite product of this box is the eyecko skinny liquid eyeliner. Eyecko is supposed to be a great brand and I've heard great things about this eyeliner. It is a felt-tip pen applicator so it's good for those just learning to use liquid eyeliner. It isn't waterproof but is still very smudgeproof :)



Luxe Box is an interesting idea and they do give good products but I think that I have enough samples/products to try for a while and will be deactivating my membership. I think that if someone has the money to spare and enjoys getting a surprise every 3 months (I actually forgot this was coming in June), then Luxe Box could be a good choice!

4 comments:

  1. Great post,love!You have an amazing blog.Following you via GFC now,hope you'll do the same!:)

    xoxo Antonella!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you got good stuff here. I LOVE mini nail polishes.. If only they sell minis in stores... That's all I'd buy since I can't even go through a full size bottle.

    Arianne | http://ariannecruz07.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love minis too! I buy them in those OPI sets but I know a store that sells them separately ;)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Google+
 
Google+