Saturday, May 31, 2014

Philosophy Purity Made Simple Cleanser review

Purity Made Simple cleanser really is a ‘simple’ cleanser. I was hesitant to try this cleanser since I am not a fan of Philosophy’s smells but I’m really glad I did try it.


Philosophy Purity Made Simple is a pH-balanced formula that rapidly dissolves dirt and makeup while deep cleaning pores. The bestselling cleanser contains infusions of sage, chamomile, and carrot.

It is a very lightweight yet somewhat creamy cleanser that works up a small lather. You need about a quarter sized dallop of this in order to cover your whole face and neck. This product really does what it claims as since it helps remove any makeup or oil from my face. I always use a toner after cleansing in order to close my pores and I never see any residual makeup left on the cotton pad after using Purity. It even effectively takes off light eye makeup! To go with the lightweight feel of it, Purity also has a very light smell. I smell the chamomile and a bit of sage, but not the carrot of it. This cleanser is great for all skin types since it is so gentle.


I mainly use this cleanser for days of heavy makeup since I already have a daily cleanser to use up. It hasn’t broken me up or caused any dry skin patches so I can see using it as a daily cleanser if necessary. Another great use for this cleanser is as a makeup brush cleaner! You do need a bit more of the product to clean your brushes and work up a richer lather to get in between bristles, but it is great for deep cleaning brushes.

It is very pricey since it is a high-end cleanser but I actually think it is worth it. I purchased this for $12 as yet another Sephora Black Friday deal ;) (regular price is $26). It was actually supposed to be the 12 oz. size but those seemed to be sold out by the time I got there. I also received a few 2 oz. bottles from Hudson's Bay makeup galas. This $12 Purity deal seems to be a recurring deal for either Black Friday or Boxing Day from the blogs I’ve read so remember to stock up on it then, I definitely will!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Google+
 
Google+