Monday, October 28, 2013

Korres Lip Butter review + swatch

Lip butters are really great for anyone that wants something moisturizing that also gives some colour to lips. The first lip butter I ever tried was of course the Revlon Colorstay Lip Butters! I loved it so much that I got 3: Pink Truffle, Sugar Plum and Brown Sugar! My favourite is Pink Truffle and although I still use it often, I wanted something that was more sheer and bright colour for summer/fall. After much research, I decided to try the Korres Lip Butter! (I was debating between that and a tinted Sugar Rose Lip Treatment but those were too expensive). Since I wanted it for the summer, my choice was Pomegranate which is a "sheer coral".

Korres - Lip Butter

"A rich, buttery lip balm that melts on the lips and offers a shiny, tinted finish."

My lips are already a little bit pigmented so when I apply this butter, I think that it shows up a bit darker than it should but I like it that way! It applies on sheer, but not too sheer that my natural lip colour shines through. This shade is very good for an everyday lip colour and can probably be used in the winter too. In terms of moisturizing, it makes lips feel very smooth and seems like it would be sufficient for the winter too. I use it as a lip balm sometimes if I can't find mine and it feels very moisturizing. As the description says, the finish is a bit shiny, however it is not as shiny as a lip gloss and is a very light shine.



It is very easy to apply and will go on lips very smoothly. The staying power seems okay, I'd say about 2-3 hours or so, but some of it will come off when you eat or drink. This is in my makeup bag for work so it is easy for me to just touch up when I am lacking some colour.

Lastly, unlike Revlon's lip butter, this one comes in a little jar so you have to use your fingers to apply. That would have to be the biggest con of this lip butter, but other than that, I am very pleased with it and will probably try another colour whenever I finish this one :)

You can buy this at Sephora for $16.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Google+
 
Google+