Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Make Up For Ever Aqua Eyes, Mist & Fix, Buxom Lasliner Duo review + swatch

Since I have so little of these brands, I decided to just review both Make Up For Ever and Buxom brands. The first products will be MUFE Mist + Fix  and Aqua Eyes and then Buxom's Lashliner Duo.

The first MUFE product I bought was the Aqua Eyes eyeliner in Matte Black 0L. This was another one of my awesome Sephora Boxing Day deals! It was $12 when I bought it but the regular price is $20.


MAKE UP FOR EVER - Aqua Eyes

"An award-winning, waterproof, smudge- and fade-resistant eyeliner that doubles as a vibrant eye shadow."

Although I would never use black as an eye shadow, they do have some nice colours that I would try as an eye shadow. In terms of the product itself, I think it actually does meet the description! It does not give me raccoon eyes, stays on all day, stays matte all day and goes on really well. The application is only okay since it does not glide on too well, but it is really easy to get good colour. If this was on sale again, I would definitely buy it, but for $20 it's a bit too much. Here is a swatch of it, Aqua Eyes is on the top and Buxom Lashliner is below it.



As for the Make Up For Ever Mist & Fix, it supposed to be a setting spray and has generally good reviews but I don't think it's doing much for my super oily skin :( It does appear to keep makeup on a bit longer (maybe an hour or two) but it really doesn't do much for controlling shiny skin so I still have to revert to my blotting papers. The application isn't too bad though since it comes out as a fine mist. There is no smell to it and at first you will look dewy and sort of feel like you have hairspray on your face, but then it dries to be matte and non-sticky. I got the travel size for $11 to try but I ordered the Skindinävia spray so I won't be getting MUFE's full size spray.



"A light and comfortable spray that sets all types of makeup and prolongs hold, even under extreme conditions."

Lastly, the Buxom Lashliner Duo. This was also a $12 Boxing Day deal and came as a pack of the full size Lasliner in Sequins colour, a brush, and a bag for the brush. As you can see in the picture, it gives off as much colour as the Aqua Eyes, it just contains glitter as well. 

Buxom - Lashliner Duo

"Lash addicts beware: Buxom Lashliner is highly habit-forming. This may look like just a liner, but it's also a thickening and conditioning treatment that instantly takes the appearance of your lashes from hardly any to very many. This mineral-rich, paraben-free, whipped gel formula glides on like a liquid liner and dries to a long-wearing smudge proof eyeliner."

This is a gel liner and although I read reviews of it drying out, my pot is still fine. It is a little stiff to work with though so it takes some time. The brush is pretty good too but I think I prefer angled eyeliner brushes just so I can have a bit more control since this brush is too flexible. In terms of wear, it also lasts all day with minimal smudging on the lid. The glitter doesn't even show too much nor does it go onto your face. However when I tried to clean it off my hand, the Buxom Lashliner smudged when I was rubbing it while Aqua Eyes did not. Another problem with this liner is removing it; you end up getting glitter all over your eye area! This is fine when you're about to sleep but if you make a mistake while getting ready, I recommend fixing it with your fingers instead of removing it completely :P When it runs out/dries out, I won't be buying it in Sequins again but may try the other colours.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Google+
 
Google+