Sunday, March 31, 2013

Recent Beauty Products

Too lazy to take pictures of swatches so here is a roundup of some beauty products I've tried recently and found either awesome or remarkably bad.  As you can see, my recent obsession is with skincare products, not so much with makeup because I think I've got more than enough for my everyday needs.

Hada Labo Gokujyun Hyaluronic Acid Lotion


Yes, that's right, 1 bottle sold every 4 seconds in Japan.  Rohto is one of the best pharmaceutical skincare brands, and their hyaluronic acid lotion is seriously one amazing and effective product.  "Lotion" in Japan refers actually to "toner," not the milky stuff that you normally find here.  This is a clear, viscous liquid made of sodium hyaluronate which comprises the extracellular matrix in connective tissues.  It's made my skin moist and elastic during these horrible winter months.  This is a multi-tasking product.  After showering, I put a few drops into my palms and rub it into my face to prep my skin for serum and moisturiser.  Also, I use it before applying base or BB cream to provide a moist, smooth surface for the makeup to glide onto.  The Hada Labo lotion is free of colorants and fragrances. One 170 mL bottle costs around $20 and will last you forever since you need to use only a few drops at a time.

Bioderma Crealine H2O Solution Micellaire

This highly raved beauty product really does live up to its hype!  It's recommended by beauty bloggers, makeup artists, models and pretty much every one who's tried it.  I'm sure you've already heard about this miracle product.  It removes foundation without causing any tightness or dry feeling.  And you don't need to rinse it off after!  Perfect for lazy bums like me.  You can get it at Shoppers for around $20 for a large 250 mL bottle.  I've used up around 50 mL in 2 months, so it should last quite a while.  

LashCard


I received this in my Ipsy Glambag for March, and it's basically a piece of specially shaped cardstock to help shield your eyelids when applying mascara. Using a business card to prevent ectopic mascara application is a nifty little idea that's been around for ages.  Whoever thought of turning it into a business venture must be either stupid or have lots of cash to throw around.  Can you believe that the pack costs $7?!  After I'm done with them I'll just save the last one as a template and cut my own from business cards I have lying around; and I'm sure everyone will do the same.  Also is it really necessary to wrap each card in plastic?

Ok more next time!

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Google+
 
Google+